Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why is the skin around my piercings dry?

I have 3 lobe piercings, and they are all healed but the skin around them is dry.





What is up with this? Is it because I got a helix piercing like 6 months ago and that is still healing? I%26#039;m taking care of my helix just fine.





It%26#039;s not the jewelry either. The jewelry is a good quality.|||they may be getting dried out because of the increased care of the helix, I%26#039;m assuming these are all on the same ear.


You might put petroleum jelly around your lobe piercings before you care for the helix to prevent the solution from drying out those piercings.





If it isn%26#039;t on the same ear you can also try lanolin, cocoa butter, or A%26amp;E ointment on the piercings once a day to help.|||When your cleaning it your probably putting too much of the lotion or liquid or whatever your using on. this will irritate the skin and cause it to dry!





If you adjust this and still dryness it could just be your skins reaction to have metal put through it! I suggest E45 cream. will clear it up!





Good luck!!|||It%26#039;s normal. it%26#039;s happened to my fully healed piercings. You may be cleaning it too much. If it%26#039;s healed, you dab some lotion on it. If it%26#039;s not, DO NOT put lotion on it or it could get infected.|||Too much Saline maybe..

No comments:

Post a Comment