Saturday, December 26, 2009

What lotion would you recommend during pregnancy for very dry skin?

I always use lotion every day but now that I am 24 weeks pregnant I have such dry skin and none of the lotion i used before pregnancy seems to be doing the job.This is my 5th child but it has been almost 10 yrs since the last child and i do not remember what i used then.Thank you:-)|||Eucerin - Aquafor... really holds in the moisture...


and Lanolin is good for extremely dry areas...|||anything with vitamin e|||A lotion with vitamin e oil or shea butter.|||anything with cocoa butter is suppose to be good for your skin while its stretching. good luck.|||NIVEA - Intensive Moisturising Treatment...


i swear by it....





its quite moistury - oily and will prevent stretchmarks (i believe) -


my skin is glowing more now then ever (i never used to use it before i got pregnant) -


36weeks + 3 days preg (baby no.2)|||use pure cocoa butter that is what I used and it works where I live they sell it at Walgreens and it comes in a yellow container|||Lubriderm|||cocoa butter... helps against stretch marks too! or Eucerin, but that%26#039;s really expensive!|||cocco butter|||cocoa butter lotions are the best|||Palmer%26#039;s makes a lotion sepcifically for pregnant women that helps retain elasticity. Jergens and Aveeno are also very good.|||Coco Butter - rub it on every few hours to soak in really good|||I agree with the above person who said cocoa butter. You can buy just plain cocoa butter lotion (you can get a big bottle of it for around $2-3) or you can buy a specific smell-good lotion of your preference with cocoa butter in it. It really helps soften and heal the skin and rumor has it that it%26#039;s good for making stretch marks fade quicker.|||I used Vit. E. lotion when i was pregnant. Worked great.|||you should include a regime of applying creams and lotions that contain Hyaluronic acid as this holds up to 1000 times its own weight in water leaving the skin feeling moist and smooth. Avoid applying water to the skin as this will only make your skin dryer. avoiding the sun is also something else that will help with dry skin. basically for creams you need to be looking at one that has a low water and high oil content. vitamin a will also help when applied and taken internally.


you can find more information at


http://www.nutrition4yourskin.co.uk|||Hey Lynn! I am 25 weeks pregnant with my fourth baby. For stretch marks my doctor said that it is hereditary and has something to do with the elasticity of your skin. But for dry skin he recommended Cetaphil. It is expensive but it is worth it for the nine months we are pregnant. My oldest daughter also had eczema real bad as an infant and her ped kept giving her steroid cream prescription which made it worse. Then once my ob-gyn told me of Cetaphil I made a switch and now her skin his A ok.|||jergens shea butter cream

No comments:

Post a Comment