Saturday, December 26, 2009

People with sensitive skin. How do you get your clothes to have that fresh clean smell?

I have a baby with sensitive skin I only use the dye free perfume free detergents on our clothes. Can anyone tell me something that I can use on our clothes to give them that fresh clean smell without irritating her skin? Would baking soda work? The Dr%26#039;s. said not to use the Baby Dreft (sp??) it is just as hard on her as the other detergents.||| I use biodegradable detergents, they are concentrated so I use alot less. For the dryer softner I use 1 part softner to 3 parts water in a spray bottle. Spray a couple sprays on the clothes %26amp; that keeps them fresher without all the chemical buildup. They have some for sensitive %26amp; babies.|||You could try making your own laundry detergent, and then you can add your own scents in the form of essential oils, which can be purchased at a health food store.





Sorry, I don%26#039;t have a link or a recipe for you right now, but I have tried it, and I love the detergent. It is kind of a gel, which you break up. It%26#039;s made of a bar of soap, super washing soda, borax, and water, and it is VERY easy. Just search %26#039;homemade laundry soap%26#039;, and you%26#039;ll get hundreds of links.|||We bought some cheap mesh fabric from a fabric store and made little bags full of lavender in the dresser drawers. All natural and makes your clothes smell great!|||Yes, adding baking soda will help. Hanging the clothes outside will do wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment