Saturday, December 26, 2009

How old do you have to be to get a skin cancer check and what is involved in getting one?

In interest I want to get a skin cancer check in the next few years. I just want to know how old i have to be, what is involved and If they do cut out a mole will they use any numbing things?|||I was diagnosed with melanoma at 21. I would not have gone to the dermatologist at all, but my mom is an RN and insisted. it was very deep. Had I waited any longer, I would have died. As it is, I have been fighting it for the past 8 years.





You are NEVER too young to have a skin exam. You will have to get naked. Go to a dermatologist, NOT A GENERAL PRACTITIONER. My gp saw my melanoma months before my dermatologist, and said not to worry about it.|||Skin cancer checks can start at any age! You just schedule an appointment with your regular doctor, and if they believe you to have cancer, then they refer you to an oncologist. Probably just local anesthesia. Goodness, if we all waited till we were 18 or 16 or something, children with leukemia or tumors would have died! The treatment of cancer is available for ALL ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment