Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why is my skin painfully ichy when I get out of the shower?

I have already tried various different soaps and skin products and nothing helps. I installed a water filter in my shower which proved to be a waste of money.


Could I be allergic to something in the water? Should I see my doctor?|||If it%26#039;s painful, please go see a dermatologist!!!! Why suffer? I doubt you%26#039;re allergic to your water, it%26#039;s probably something thats in all of the soaps. Have you tried Aveeno oatmeal treatment. Try taking a lukewarm bath with it. Don%26#039;t take hot showers, this only aggreviates it. Good luck!|||I went to my dermatologist today and found out that I have scabies! I thought only poor people got this but apperantly not, I would investigate this just in case! Report Abuse
|||I had the same problem , I would scratch till I would bleed(slightly)


It seems I had very hard water. Once we purchased a water softner I haven%26#039;t been bothered by dry itching skin anymore.|||you are alergic to soap. try using a body wash instead of regular soap. if that does not work head for the doctor.|||Could be the soap, get some mild antibacterial pump soap,


When u shower, foam up then rinse with hot and then cold and see if u feel better.|||Believe it or not, it could be because your water is too hot. Try taking a cooler or lukewarm shower next time and see if that helps.|||yes i think you may need to see a Doctor you actually may be allergic to some stuff in the water and that happened to me when i was young i always got big rashes after my showers my parents put some lotion after i took showers it help me alot and that usually always happens in kids|||First of all, how hot is your water? You might could try using somewhat cooler water. Also, Renew Lotion from Melaleuca is absolutely the best lotion we have found. It helps tremendously with our children%26#039;s excema.|||Your water is too hot and you are drying your skin out and/or you are using soap that you might be allergic to or that is adding to the problem. . . I do the same thing all the time.


Watch the body gels you use as ALOT of them have alcohol in them which adds to the problem.


Use Ivory soap,Caress, Dove, Basis Soap or an Oatmeal soap. Don%26#039;t use Deordorant soaps as they are drying to the skin.


Cut down the temperature of your water,the length of your showers,change your soaps or shower gels etc and things should get better.|||The same thing happened to me and I started to take warm, never hot, showers. I don%26#039;t have the problem anymore.|||yes, see your doctor. who knows what it could be. it could be the soap, water, or you are allergic to something.





good luck.|||i think you are either allergic to a soap or shampoo or something, or your skin could just be very dry from being in the water for a while. try putting lotion on it, and if it doesn%26#039;t work then probably seeing a dermatologist would be good.|||You seem to be allergic to the wash products you are using. Try Nuetrogena products and you may just have to find the product that works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment