Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Which hand lotion really is the very best for super dry skin?

We wash our hands so many times a day and it doesn%26#039;t matter what season it is, all of us are suffering from very dry knuckles and the tops of our hands. They even get sore and itchy. We have tried a few lotions but they really don%26#039;t help, only temporary. What would you recommend? Thanks so much.|||I like Vaseline Intensive Care hand cream. It doesn%26#039;t leave your skin feeling greasy like some lotions/creams do. I was using Curel for a while too %26amp; that%26#039;s a good lotion to use. It comes in different formulas, just as Vaseline Intensive Care does.|||Glad I could help %26amp; I hope you try them both %26amp; get some dry skin relief really soon. Report Abuse
|||We are trying the Vaseline right now and it%26#039;s working really good.....will try Curel next. Thanks again! Report Abuse
|||A%26amp;D Ointment Original Formula ( clear) I know it is diaper rash medicine but it don%26#039;t wipe off and helps the chapped skin at the same time. My elbows get really dry and crackly this time of year and my sister told me about it. So I went and bought a tube no more dry elbows works like a champ. And it has helped my hands also.|||Try one called Corn Huskers. It is really good for extra dry skin. It kinda feels greasy when it is going on but keep rubbing it in and within a day or so you will be amazed how good your hands feel. I even used this years ago when I was working with cement bare handed. Worth the price. Nutrigena has a really creamy one that is good and smells good as well.|||i use good old lanolin on my hands every second night or so - sounds silly but i lather it on and pull an old pair of mitts over my hands and head off to bed. my hands are in great shape.


for my heels i%26#039;ve used bag balm for years, put it on my heels throw on a pair of sox and it keeps my feet smooth.|||My brother gets a tube of something from his pharmacist by prescription, he swears by it. My skin is dry at times too but not to that extreme . I use Johnson and Johnson 24 hour moisturizer, works for me. All the other suggestions sound great and worth a try.|||Farmers,fishermen and pretty ladies use bag balm. You will find its cheaper by far than anything else and it is an antiseptic as well!


I am a pipe fitters daughter and he sometimes worked in the cold wind outside.I had eczema we both used it and still do !


It comes in a green square can.I buy mine at CVS :)|||I like the philosophy products. Keep several bottles nearby and they keep dry skin soft. I use inner grace and amazing grace and daughter uses the thicker version in a tube. I get them at JCPennys or can order at QVC.|||I keep a humidifier in my bedroom in the winter and that helps with the dry skin quite a bit. Any kind of lotion should help.|||Aquaphor is my old stand-by. It%26#039;s petroleum jelly based, so it holds in moisture and protects your skin longer than a standard lanolin based lotion will.|||avon care-rich moisture


glycerine hand cream


there was one years ago don%26#039;t know if you can still get it i think it was called rosegay,,it was only in a small tub but was brill.|||If it%26#039;s really bad you could try an exfoliater.


As for lotion, anything made my vaseline or aveeno works great.|||I stand by %26quot;Corn Huskers%26quot; You can get it at any CVS or drug store. It has done wonders for me and I have rough , dry, and uky hands.|||I find lotion with Aloe works for me.





You can always try the old standby my mom used for us kids growing up... at night, rub Crisco into your hands and cover with old socks before going to bed.|||Inexpensive lotion that is good go to the drug store or feed store and get udder cream, Fantastic stuff.|||I highly recommend Corn Husker%26#039;s lotion, Bag Balm and Lubriderm Hand Cream.|||Any inexpensive hand lotion with Aloe in it.|||I love, love, love Gold Bond Lotion. It%26#039;s also healing and lasts on my hands a long time.|||I like Jergens Ultra Healing.





Works good for me.





I keep a small one every place I sit.


DeeJay.|||I use Marks%26amp;Spencer Cocoa Butter and Vanilla.


A wee bit more expensive but worth it.|||Anything that%26#039;s handy, no pun intended. Poppy|||Find a Watkins dealer (yellow pages) and ask for carbolic suave.


It%26#039;s the old %26quot;cow tit suave%26quot;. There%26#039;s nothing like it.|||Gold Bond, the very best for dry skin all over.|||ANY BABY OIL GEL IT MAKES YOUR SKIN VERY SOFT AND LASTS FOR A LONG TIME|||goldbond..in the white and gold bottle its great and no oder!|||Smear them up with lots of vaseline, put on some cotton gloves and let them marinate for awhile. Same with feet, only put on cotton socks, gloves might seem a little odd.





Also the cream used for diaper rash works really well Penaten makes it I believe and Avon sells a product called %26quot;Silicone Glove%26quot; which protects your hands, and I have used it and it does have its benefits.





Doxie is right, the stuff they use for cows udders works well, a friend uses it and told me this, I have never tried it|||Since my sister recommended her skin cream saying it was the only thing that worked for her, yet it turned to grease on me, I%26#039;ve decided it depends on each person%26#039;s skin. I don%26#039;t think what works for me matters to anybody else. I do think the thing to do is go to the trial-size miniatures and compare each one til one does great for you, then stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment