Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How do I prevent skin problems I get from weight lifting? Is this normal?

I started lifting weights and doing push ups and I started to get really dry and itchy skin on my biceps.





Also, I started using these forearm grips and the skin on my knuckles started to get really dry, hard and scaly, like reptile skin. It even started to bleed a tiny bit because the skin was tearing.





Is this normal? I%26#039;m starting to get worried.|||Your skin is just dry. Try using some moisturizing lotion (unscented) and put that on your dry areas of skin a few times a day. Also try to drink more water through out the day, especially because you are working out.|||Hey(:





I agree with %26quot;Scott%26quot;





That%26#039;s perfectly normal but just remember to wash up after each work out.


The weights and floor may be a bit dirty.





So, work out(: wash up then moisturizer





you may also want to try Vaseline. (it does wonders with dry skin) I promise





I hope this helped





xoxo Jenna|||It sounds like you are developing calluses on yr knuckles fr Weight lifting, %26amp; the rest of your skin is dry. If it is bleeding you need more than just a moisturizing cream, you may need to get cream with hydrocortizone in, some pharmacies carry over the counter creams. However you may need a prescription for a stronger formulated cream (just for the cracked/bleeding areas). Ask the pharmacist for a good strong moisturizer as well for the other areas that are dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment