Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I absolutely love silver skin onions in vinegar ( from the jar ) but dont have a recipie to use them in?

something easy preferably. you can also get these little guys pickled, you know the ones mmmmmmmmmmmmm|||I love these little onions too (not the pickled ones, though).





When I serve these, I usually carmelize them a bit in the oven and serve on warm bread.





They have a lot of flavor on their own, so the recipe is very simple





I don%26#039;t have an exact recipe because I just make it as I go along, but this should be close:





1 loaf french bread


1 serving silver skin onions


balsamic vinegar


1 tablespoon Earth Balance (you can use any butter or margarine)


salt and pepper (to taste)


parmesano/reggiano cheese if desired (I don%26#039;t usually use this)





In a bowl, mix the chopped onions, balsamic vinegar, and Earth%26#039;s Balance





Put the mixture on a cookie sheet, heat in the oven on 450 about 15 minutes - watch for the onions to start to carmelize





Slice the bread as desired, put the onion mixture on top and add salt and pepper





Place bread face up in the oven until warm and slightly crisp





If desired, sprinkle some cheese on top.





____________________





This is a nice appetizer with so many meals.





In the colder winter months I will make this for myself to have with soup or just as a warm, hearty snack.





Hope you like it!|||2 oz Blue Saphire Gin


1/2 oz Vermouth


ICE


Shake and pour onto frill-pick w/ 3 pickled onions in the perfect martini glass





mmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment