Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is the best powder/foundation or basically makeup for oily skin out there?

I have oily skin, especially t-zone and I%26#039;ve tried a lot of oil-free, dermatologist recommended makeup and all still pretty much give me that sweaty looking oily skin and it%26#039;s not exactly attractive. Any suggestions? I do use Tazorac (a Retinoid) every night for my now very slight acne which is known to make your skin dry but my skin adapts to almost anything and eventually just goes back to being oily! *sigh*|||My skin is super duper oily, like it%26#039;s ridiculous. What I did was change my entire skin care regimen. I used to not moisturize because I was convinced it would make me oilier, WRONG. It helped me a lot and made my skin condition much better.


1. Don%26#039;t sleep with make up on.


2. Cleanse face morning and night.


3. Use a nonalcoholic toner after washing your face.


4. 2-3 times a week, use a exfoliate after washing face.


5. Then moisturize.


6. Finally, put any acne medication on.





I use bare minerals and it works great. I use blotting pads too though!|||Neutrogena moisturizer, it%26#039;s a myth that people with oily skin don%26#039;t need a moisturizer but really the body will try to fix the problem on it%26#039;s own if you don%26#039;t use a moisturizer, hence the oil.


Elf Powder base, it%26#039;s good because it isn%26#039;t a liquid so it won%26#039;t dry up and crack and just all together look flaky and it blends into skin really well.|||Bare Minerals, by far!





My skin gets oily in the summer, yet in the winter it is dry. Bare Minerals also offers a %26quot;primer,%26quot; which is a bit pricey but well worth it. What the primer does is drink up extra oil as well as getting rid of any dry skin flakes.





By the way; are you drinking enough water? I once went camping %26amp; forgot to bring bottled water for a whole week; my skin got oily from what I believe was drinking a lot of soda.|||i have the oily T-zone as well. i use revlon color stay foundation. i usually blot atleast6+ hours bepending on humidity. and the im good for the rest of the time. using a primer helps alot as well. if i dont use revlon i use everyday minerals. you can try a sample kit for 3 dollars (just for the shipping) u get 3 foundations 1 concealer and 1 blush. :) and TONS of colots to pick from.|||I have oily skin in my tzone as well and I have never found a powder or mineral foundation that worked for me. You can ask your question on these two forums:





http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/


http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/|||Clinique.





i have really oily skin, and this is the only make up that works for me.





i also use Tazorac on my skin, and Clinique will definitely give you the look you want!!!!|||Get a good brand that contains no oil in it. It is probably the best you will be able to do. I use oil free Lancome and love it.|||i personallly like bare minerals


i have oily skin and it seems to work nicely because its kind of breathable and doesnt cause acne(another major problem of mine)|||Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup


and if that gets oily get the clean and clear oils sheets,, there so easy and i never go anywhere without them cause i have the same prob. s you :)


good luck!|||rimmel stay matte





acually like most products in rimmel are good for oily skin.|||neutragena liquid. theyhave this kid that helps prevent acne and covers up the blemmishes you already have :)|||everyday mineral


or bare minerals


but everyday minerals is less expensive|||Pancake powder.|||i would suggest getting like a clinique foundation in powder|||to get rid of oil use MAC blot powder, I swear by it.|||I have the same (or similar) problem. My advice is to make sure to wash your face every morning and night - never sleep with makeup on or it will break you out. Use a gentle scrub a few times a week - not every day. You want to exfoliate and clear out your pores, but not over stimulate your pores to excrete more oil.





Make sure to moisturize with a moisturizer meant for oily skin, or else it won%26#039;t really work well especially under makeup. Use one with some sort of SPF (depending on who much sun you expect to get during the day). The sun can not only increase your risk of skin cancer and age your skin, but it can also stimulate your skin to produce more oil.





Try using a foundation primer meant for oily skin. Smashbox has one called PhotoFinish Light that%26#039;s meant for oily skin - and there%26#039;s a few more out on the market. They are a little $$ but well worth it because they do help your foundation to last longer.





As for the foundation itself, you can use mineral foundation. A lot of ppl with oily skin swear by it. There are also liquid foundations on the market (if you need more coverage or just prefer liquid) that are specially designed for people with oily skin. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for Oily/Combo skin is great, but make sure you wash all of it off your face at night, or else it will clog your pores. Rimmel Stay Matte Clarifying Foundation is great also as it%26#039;s designed for oily skin and has salicylic acid in it to keep skin clear. They don%26#039;t seem to have a huge selection of colors, but if you can find your shade, then it works great!





Also, don%26#039;t forget to blot during the day with an oil abosorbing sheet like one from Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, or ELF (eyeslipsface.com). Although the products you wear will help cut down on oil production, they can%26#039;t completely change the way God made your skin.





From my experience, I used to get oily skin an hour after applying makeup. When I changed up the regimin to encorporate things specifically designed for oily skin, I found that after about 5 hours, I%26#039;d need to blot and then my make up would last an additional 5 hours.





Good luck and I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment