Monday, April 26, 2010

What makes the skin of vegetarian sausages?

It looks like the same stuff that makes normal sausages but that%26#039;s made of meat isn%26#039;t it? Can anyone tell me?!|||I get Linda McCartney sausages and they don%26#039;t have a skin.





Just commenting on some of the earlier comments, why shouldn%26#039;t we vegetarians eat something that%26#039;s made of soy or wheat protein and vegetables that%26#039;s shaped like a sausage? I can%26#039;t see the harm in it. I know I%26#039;m not eating meat, and I really don%26#039;t care what other people think!|||Probably an unused condom!|||If you are a vegetarian why would you want to crave meat products and keep fooling yourself.


There is more vegetarian stuff around the world that we do not need to touch meat.


If only meat-eater can bring themselves round to believing this.


Some day soon.|||I agree with Kaorin, I don%26#039;t eat veggie sausages with skins on either!Oer- missus (Handbags at dawn on here again)! It looks like the omni%26#039;s are feeling guilty about eating dead animals! How many times can you tell them that %26#039;the point%26#039; of veggie saussies is that, FELICITY, no cuddly farm animal was slaughtered to make them. FYI they taste tonnes better than meat ever did! Greenghost none of the limey brands I use have veggie sausage skins!|||No skins in my boca burgers just pure vegetable and soy taste good!|||Luka C is right. The skin of vegetarian sausages are made with sheep intestines, the same as nutritionally sound meat sausages.





Since it is intestine and not skeletal muscle, they can sell the sausage as vegetarian sausage.





It is good that they include some intestine because it allows people on these cult vegetarian diets to get complete protein. You can not get complete protein from plants.





I have seen people who avoided the sausages with any meat and they are skinny and pale. Please get the sausages with meat for complete protein and optimal health.|||I%26#039;ve never seen a veggie sausage that has a casing. Could you edit and tell us the sausage you have?





At a minimum the major companies (MS Farms, Boca, Yves) all stuff a cellulose casing for initial forming and steam cooking. That casing is stripped off just before the product goes to the blast freezer to prepare for packaging and transport.





When I make soysage or veggie dogs I normally use bakers parchment as a temporary casing. Before steaming they get rolled across the counter several times to bring some of the starch to the surface. The steam cook sets that outer layer of starch and I guess it looks like a skin.





A few times I have made sausages with the cellulose casing. Not usually my practice since I normally make small batches.





Here%26#039;s a link to a company that I have bought veggie friendly casings from.|||I wasn%26#039;t aware that vegetarian sausages had a skin - I%26#039;ve never seen them (thank-god). The only soy sausages I eat are soy sausages that have no skin, contain hardly any fat (or carbs) but plenty of protein, aren%26#039;t full of gristle, take about 2 minutes to cook and due to no skin - aren%26#039;t rubbery as though you%26#039;re eating some kind of disgusting condom. Soy sausages are the best!!|||I eat soy sausages and they don%26#039;t have any skin at all...|||its made of a kind of plastic, like cling film,, amazes me why vegetarians need to eat veggie sausages, cant they be called veggy rissoles or something thats not associated with meat.|||sheep intestines, just like non-vegetarian sausages.


it%26#039;s not technically meat, so they can use it and still put the little leafy tick thing on the side.|||I get couldren sausages and they don%26#039;t appear to have a skin on them|||There isn%26#039;t a skin that is 100% vegetarian so the sausages are usually rolled in some kind of coating to give it the effect of having skin.|||Something I can%26#039;t understand about vegetarians: why would you want to eat a sausage? I mean even a vegetarian sausage. Sausages are mad of meat and encased in the skin of the small intestine of an animal.


It%26#039;s like vegetarian %26#039;bacon%26#039; bits. Either you are vegetarian or you%26#039;re hovering on the brink with longings for something you could once eat, but now shouldn%26#039;t.|||PIGS GUTS


GREAT GOT YOU VEGGIES AND THE MUSLIMS

No comments:

Post a Comment