Friday, January 8, 2010

Why does my skin itch after going to the tanning bed a couple of times?

I went 3 times before I started itching and sometimes it gets really bad. Could it be from my tanning lotion?|||you could be allergic to your lotion, the salon you go to may not clean the beds properly either, or you may be reacting to what they use to clean with...|||U maight be getting an alergic reaction or ur skin is too sensative. If u keep getting itchy, I recommend u don%26#039;t get a tan anymore and use plenty of sun cream. Burning ur skin might led to skin cancer.|||not used to it|||I lay in a tanning bed every summer and take a winter break...how long are you laying out? you could be getting a low grade burn and that could cause the itching or it could be you skin is drying out....put lotion on after you get out of the taning bed and I am sure that it will be ok....After your skin gets used to it...it should stop itching...|||I%26#039;m not sure why for sure but, I recently started tanning too, like 2 months ago. At 1st, my skin itched too but, after losing 160 lbs. I really wanted to look great so I tolerated it. It eventually stopped and now I have a great tan to boot. I recommend starting off slow and increasing your time in the bed every week until you max out. It really is worth it. Just adjust.|||I just started tanning about 3 weeks ago now and i have very pale skin and i didn%26#039;t find i was itchy until my 3rd visit... (I still find my stomach terribly itchy after tanning) Your skin probably itches because you don%26#039;t have a base tan yet, you have sensitive skin, or because your skin isn%26#039;t used to the UV rays. I find my stomach because i don%26#039;t usually tan there and the pigments aren%26#039;t as used to UV rays as the rest of my body. plus i have sensitive skin as well. Hope this helps :)





Oh, By the way, If you want some relief.... Aloe Vera in the cream form i find sooths the itch and it moisturizes the skin really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment