Friday, January 8, 2010

How good does a yellow tattoo show up on dark skin?

If someone has any links to any pics of tattoos with yellow on dark skin..that would be appreciated as well. Thanks|||It doesn%26#039;t show up very well at all. I am a tattoo artist who specializes in dark skin. The way a tattoo works is, it is under two layers of your skin, so depending on how dark your skin is is how your ink will show. Its like looking through tinted glass. The best color seem to be reds, blues, and greens some times purples and oranges. yellow and white are the least likely to show well after healing. It is recommended to get large bold designs so you can see them better, the smaller and more detailed, the harder it is going to be seeing it, especially on darker skin.|||It actually depends on the skin color and the type of yellow. I have a large tat on my belly of a butterfly containing yellow, unfortunately, the yellow pales next to my skin and the other more vibrant colors in the tat. You can check out a pic of my tat here:


http://www.pdxblackbook.com/elle


You have to register for free to see it up close, but you%26#039;ll get a pretty good idea.|||Yellow show up better on dark skin than it does on light skin...trust me, this I know!|||it wont be too bright but it will definatly show|||mine did not show very well|||It looks great when it is first done but after it heals and a couple of months it will fade and you will hardly be able to tell where it%26#039;s at. i have a friend whom isdark skined and he had to go back and have it redone. i hope this helps.|||Ask the artist that is putting the tattoo on you - I saw a dark skinned girl with a tat of Tweety Bird and it looked great, the yellow was awesome on her skin - but I%26#039;ve seen other dark skinned people and the yellow seems to disappear.|||im not sure|||it should be OK.|||all of my tats seem to yellow in them, and I consider myself to be very tan. I think yellow stands out more on my skin then alot of my other colors. maybe you should go to an artist and see what they think. there opinion is the best.|||are you crazy.. light color tattoos show up great..expecially on dark skinned people.

No comments:

Post a Comment