Friday, January 8, 2010

What can I do to help chapped lips and dry skin?

I%26#039;ve noticed that when I use SPF chapstick, I start to develop irritation on and around my lips. It%26#039;s painful and uncomfortable and I was wondering what would be helpful? I%26#039;ve had it for about 2 days now. I%26#039;ve been using carmex but it%26#039;s not really helping.|||chapped lips and dry skin are often the result of dehydration. would increase my water intake and use a %26quot;natural%26quot; based chapstick. I use the chapstick natural with a lavender label. It works for me but may not be the right thing for you. You may have to try and find one that is better suited for you. Either way, stay away from anything that is mostly chemicals and increase the water you drink.|||Just don%26#039;t use SPF chapstick anymore. Because Carmex isn%26#039;t helping, leads me to believe that it might not be the SPF, but maybe beeswax (the wax used in most chapsticks). Try switching to vaseline until they feel better, then...





1) just stay with the vaseline


2) use Softlips-Vanilla (works for me, it doesn%26#039;t have beeswax).





As for right now, you could try this...





1) break open a Vitamin E capsule and apply it to your lips


2) after 30 minutes, use an ice cube to wash away the E-oil





This should help because Ice helps inflammation and E helps regrowth of tissue.|||put vassaline under your lipstick if u were it but if u dont juss wear it as gloss. if u hav dry skin then get Cethaphil Moistuizing Lotion its the best lotion i own!!! and i own ALOT!!! lol hope tht helps!!! and if ur hands or feet are dry... this might sound weird but put vasseline ont then and wear gloves/socks ovr night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment