Friday, January 8, 2010

What to put behind my babies knees to stop the skin problem?

My baby is 5 months and he continues to have this little skin problem behin his right knee only. I%26#039;v been using johnsons lotion but it hasnt been working. Any suggestions?|||Is it from the skin rubbing together? I use baby oil in the creases of my kids when they were babies. I used to use it under their necks, under their arms and knees to stop it from drying out.





I just use to put a bit on a cottonball and just wipe the area after a bath.





Sorbelene cream is also really good for dry skin or skin rashes/problems. Johnson and johnson make a baby one.|||ASK THE DOCTOR!! We are not medically qualified to advise anything without even seeing the baby..get him to the surgery!|||Can you describe the problem? Dry skin? Rash? Might help us make suggestions. I%26#039;ll check back in a few minutes...|||It depends what the problem is! If your baby has dry skin then I would suggest Aquaphor or Eucerin cream. You really don%26#039;t want to use regular lotion as these will probably only make it worse and you definitely don%26#039;t want to use baby oil. Stick with better suited products such as the ones I mentioned above. On the other hand if your baby has a rash, such as one caused by heat, I would suggest cornstarch or a medicated powder (gold bond for babies). These powders tend to work way better than regular baby powder.


This has all worked on my son who is now 9 months. All the products above are perfectly fine for infants and were recommended by my Pediatrician.|||It could be eczema, my son has it and gets it on his back, groin, behind his knees, armpits and elbows. I use Palmer%26#039;s cocoa butter formula or a moisture therapy cream by Avon, Aveeno and ego stuff is pretty good to. But another good idea is getting the skin complaint diagnosed just in case you are putting the wrong thing on it. I found that no Johnson%26#039;s products were any good for my kids, I can%26#039;t use anything made by Johnson%26#039;s because it makes their eczema worse. But it depends on the child.


Hope that helps.|||Try Aquaphor, it%26#039;s worked wonders for our babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment