Friday, January 8, 2010

What exercise can I do to get rid of loose skin? I need to tone up.?

I am a 50 year old woman, thin with a flat stomach, but I have loose skin on my stomach, the tops of my arms and my legs. I never do any exercise and want to know if I can do something about it.|||Im 55 have just lost 4 stone and also have loose skin ,there are toning exercises but in my case I think the skin if stretched to the point of no return.


Use light weights for upper body and leg squats and lunges for legs also you can do side bends for waist .


There are lots to see on utube and the net.|||Exercise will simply tone the muscles beneath the skin; though some skin is attached to muscles, not many are.





Other than cosmetic surgery, which IMHO is pretty much a drastic last resort, start even some light exercise to tone those muscles, plus take good care of your skin (using moisturizers and sunscreen, since dry and/or tanned (better known as BURNT) skin %26#039;ages%26#039; quicker.|||Maybe curl ups or stomach exercises. I know that those are not as good for your back though. Maybe go to the gym and use their machines. It will improve your overall health though to do exercises. Most of the time loose skin when you are older has already lost its elasticity and can%26#039;t return to the normal. Many women end up getting a tummy tuck. Good luck!|||If it is truley just loose skin you cant tone your skin.


it is likely fat and skin. Building muscle will fill it out and reduce fat.





Otherwise you may want to talk to a surgeon. I am only sugesting this if you are thin and it is loose skin; not fat.|||The best way to tone up is by doing a lot of reps with light weights (not to light) just someting you find comfortable, and you will feel it work.|||Diet helps you lose fat


exercise helps you tone muscle


for loose skin, you need surgery, Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment